Thursday, June 17, 2010

Matt Smith Teasing New Doctor Who Costume?

There was a recent press screening of The Pandorica Opens and Matt Smith teased the possibility that he may be wearing a new outfit for next year's series 6 of Doctor Who:
There are five or six of us involved in that process - I was involved. Actually I went to a costume fitting this very morning for next year, which was very interesting!

I've just heard, basically, 'Tell him he can't have a hat unless it's written down that he has a hat!'. So let's see. There's going to be a whole back and forth now.
Smith also added that:
I've always said that I think it will evolve but I'm very pleased that the costume feels it has an element of the professor.

But just practically, we film in November and it's freezing! And just a tweed jacket can get a bit cold, so who knows...
[Digital Spy]

I'm thinking the fitting is not about an entirely new costume but rather perhaps a variation of it, like when David Tennant 's Tenth Doctor started wearing a blue suit. Or, most likely, it could be for a new coat. I do remember Smith previously mentioning that he'd like to have one for his Doctor.

Anyone liking the idea of Doctor Eleven possibly having an entirely new outfit?

2 comments:

  1. NOOOOOO! I love his current outfit. It's so...Eleven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably wont be a whole new costume as I said. I have sort of grown attached to that one too :)

    ReplyDelete