Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Supernatural News and Musings


Yesterday the CW announced it was renewing Supernatural for a sixth season.

The news made me happy because I love me some Winchester brothers and some Castiel but I was a bit afraid that they would drag the Apocalypse into a sixth season when show creator Eric Kripke had envisioned the show to end after a fifth season.

Today, news came that Eric Kripke would be stepping down as showrunner (first thought was Uh-Oh!). However he will be actively involved as executive producer Sera Gamble will be taking up Kripke's mantle.

As for the show's Apocalypse saga, Kripke said "I'm looking at this season as the [last] chapter in this particular story," he clarified. "That doesn't mean there can't be a new story."

Personnally I am relieved that they will apparently wrap up the Apocalypse storyline and start a new chapter.

Now please keep Castiel OK? I think He and Dean have an awesome buddy chemistry.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this update.

    I love Supernatural to pieces, and my favorite characters are Dean and Castiel. I agree that they have great (and very amusing) bro-chem. I look forward to the resolution of the Apocalypse arc, and hope that Dean gets some heavenly powers out of it.

    I think Dean has been shortchanged for awhile in the kick-a** department by Sam's demon abilities, and it just doesn't seem right. Dean may not have supernatural abilities, but he certainly isn't a weakling. Dean's been tossed around like a bean burrito a little too much for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steffani, I totally agree with you. I wish Dean will get something back too. Perhaps, if he becomes Michael's vessel after all, he'll get something out of it.

    ReplyDelete